“Special Education at its best is simply providing regular education to students who learn differently.”
Michael Shoore, Founder
Established in 1975 in Montreal by Michael Shoore, Shoore Academics has a proven track record and a golden reputation. With a history of success of over 4000 full-time and part-time students, Michael continues to be fully and actively involved in all facets of school life.
Today Shoore maintains the quality and progressive education philosophy it has carried with it over four decades.
We feature unique Full Day and Part Time Programs:
FULL DAY SCHOOL FOR CHILDREN & TEENS WITH LEARNING DIFFICULTIES SUCH AS AUTISM & ADD
We have a proven ‘Recipe’ for Success consisting of the following 5 ‘Ingredients’.
- Quality teachers - nothing less will do!
- Small Group Size - never exceeds 9
- Committed, experienced and trained Staff
- Proven method of approach - regular curriculum blended with remedial programs - our ‘secret sauce’!
- Meaningful partnerships with our parents
PART TIME PROGRAMS FOR ALL STUDENTS
Shoore Academics is much more than a specialty school.
We feature a wide range of Part Time Education Programs & Services including:
- High School Credit Program
- Subject Tutoring (Grade 1 through Grade 12) - flexible schedules requiring no long term commitments
- Study Skills - topics such as Homework; Executive Function Skill ; How to Research a paper are rigorously taught.
- Literacy Programs - Reading, Writing and Math - Your're never too old to develop literacy!
- Remedial Programs
- Counselling & Guidance Services
- IEP augmentation